Successfully Represented Each Side Of Parental Relocation Disputes

When you and your spouse first divorced, you may have agreed to a parenting plan. These plans detail how you and your ex-spouse will care for your children. When the spouse with primary custody wants to relocate with the children, it can create legal and emotional complications for both parents. Likewise, if the non-primary residential parent needs to relocate, his or her time with the children often needs to be modified.

At the Law Office of James H. Snyder, Jr., I have extensive experience assisting parents with relocation issues. I am a lawyer who believes that every
family law case requires personalized legal advice. From my office in Alcoa, I will provide knowledgeable and compassionate counsel to parents facing child custody relocation issues.

Tennessee’s Parental Relocation Laws

The parental relocation statute in Tennessee applies when one parent wants to move the parties’ minor child out of the state or more than 50 miles from the other parent’s home. This is an area that MUST be addressed within a very short timeframe by each parent, and either parent can lose significant rights if they fail to take the steps mandated by the statute and the case law that has interpreted it.

Because the court takes a number of factors into consideration in parental relocation cases, and because of the very technical nature of the statutes, it is critical to speak with an attorney who has an in-depth understanding of the law.

I have been assisting clients with parental relocation cases for over 25 years. I know what it takes to achieve a successful outcome, and I use this knowledge to put your case in a better position.

An Attorney Who Advocates For Your Interests

Whether you are in Knox County, Blount County or one of the surrounding counties, I am prepared to help you navigate your parental relocation dispute. Contact my office at 865-981-4966 or by
sending me an email.